International Conference on Creative Writing and Storytelling
21 – 25 September 2016
Scuola Holden in co-operation with European Association of Creative Writing Programs (EACWP) will organize The International Conference on Creative Writing and Storytelling.
Topics: ideas, experiences, methods, philosophy, pedagogics, results etc. concerning creativity, or teaching of writing
Participants: anybody who teaches, makes program plans for writer’s schools, or works in other profession in the field of creativity, or writing; we welcome also scholars, writers, editors, critics and students
Official Conference language: English
Venue: Scuola Holden, Piazza Borgo Dora 49, Torino – Italy
The Conference will be split in EACWP Symposium and International Conference:
– EACWP Symposium of the European creative writing schools, from 21st to the afternoon of 22nd September, for all representants of European organizations active in this field;
– The International Conference on Creative Writing and Storytelling, from 22nd to 25th September, open to teachers and writers.
AIMS OF THE CONFERENCE
The main aims of the Conference are:
– to create an exchange of best practices and didactical methodologies among different stakeholders involved in creative writing (teachers, schools, educational system);
– to stimulate the imagination and launch some pedagogical proposals and challenges connected to creative writing and storytelling;
– to create a network of interesting ideas and contacts.
We want to develop the Conference though different kind of activities that will be developed along the four days of the Conference.
MAIN STRUCTURE OF THE CONFERENCE
The Conference will be structured around five main activities:
1) What do you mean with “storytelling”?
3) Short Track: Back to the Roots and Taste it;
4) Open Mic;
5) Europe, the Sequel.
ENROLMENT DEADLINE: 11 September, 2016
Simone Fenoil / Michele Cappetta
tel 0039 011 66 32 812