1. Physical presence, sensations, emotions, proximity, non verbal communication, down time, faces and laughter count for a lot at our school. Indeed, the colour of the walls, the light in the classroom or the types of trees that we chose for the courtyard are also important. This is our way of believing in humanism but also actively practicing and teaching it.
2. For this reason, simply transferring the lessons online could never be enough. For sure, virtual classes help us, fascinate us and amuse us even, but it’s not the way forward for us. Better to say it now than delude oneself.
3. If you decide to learn like this then it won’t be your lucky year.
4. However, no one here has resigned themselves to a year of purgatory. It might not be a lucky year but it will be special in a way that we decide.
5. Let’s put it this way, we are going to spend a year on the open sea. Everything that isn’t necessary gets left ashore. We will be in a continued state of flux, without rules, chasing the right winds.
6. We are going to therefore, create the Scuola Holden Special Edition. It will only last a year, will not be repeated and be different from any other; organised chaos in the year of the great storm.